Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Transforming



I promised myself I would never revisit this part of my life ever again, but I've been feeling kind of down lately so I felt that it was imperative to acknowledge who I was just a few short years ago. 

The first photo was my freshman year of college when I had absolutely no cares, was full of self-confidence & could drink my current self under a table. The middle photo is from one of the worst years of my life, junior year of college, when I allowed life to walk all over me. 

Middle me is a perfect example of how to deal with stress in the wrong fashion. When life gets hard, the worst decision you can make is to take it out on your body. Though comforting, alcohol, overindulgence and laying around every day are NOT the answers you're looking for. I completely lacked self respect during this time period. I hated myself and my misery made it easier to hate others just as much. I lost a lot of relationships when I was this person, and unfortunately I let it last a lot longer than I should have (2011-2013). 

But you know what? The third picture is right now and even though I could be in better shape, I am so, so happy with the progress I have made. I lost relationships two years ago, but I've built stronger ones since. I lost a lot of self respect before and I am just now getting it back. I can truly say that even though some days are so hard, I've overcome so much. I'm still a work-in-progress and that's okay, I'm a lot further than where I was before. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, when life deals you a bad hand, give yourself a day to wallow and then pick the deck back up and play again. Don't get caught up in the misery of it all, or you will lose yourself. 

A healthy mind really does make all the difference in having a healthy body. 

I'm no counselor, nor do I have any certifications in any health behaviors, but I am a huge advocate for self-help and self-love. If you're struggling with life, I will gladly be the ear that listens, and can give you as much advice and love as you can take.


Peace & love & all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment