Monday, August 1, 2011

Books I've Read




An inspirational piece. I loved it. This book begins with Katie's life and abides by the quote, "no one leaves life unscathed," a quote Couric's mother always told her. Though she has lead a life of complicated trials and tribulations, nothing as stopped Couric from pushing forward and learning what it means to strive to be a better person and how to get through anything. This novel includes lessons and advice from Mario Batali, George Lopez, Ellen DeGeneres, Meryl Streep, and (my personal favorite) Beyonce'. It's a book to read when you are feeling low or even when you are feeling at your happiest. It will bring out the true beauty of the lives we have been given, and how we can face anything.


This is the fourth of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I honestly cannot believe it took me this long to pick up a Plum novel. My mom has sworn by them for years ... now I see why. Not only is she a savvy bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum is "saucy," sarcastic, and witty. She is every woman we strive to be - and she packs a pretty heavy pistol. This novel is a series of events and characters including meeting drag queen Sally and his psychotic roommate Sugar, ex-hooker Lulu, super sexy based on description Joe Morelli, weasel-like Eddie Kuntz, and the ever so hilarious 73-year-old Grandma Mazur. At the moments I held myself tight for suspense, I'd find myself ending up in a fit of laughter and tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment