Wednesday, May 4, 2011

FINALS.

It's finals week! I have already freaked out enough to revisit my dinner twice today ... HOWEVER, I discovered these rules that I thought I would share with you all.

(these via Math.Union.edu)

1. Don't leave your studying to the last minute! Keep up with your work as you go along, that way you're not last minute cramming and teaching yourself instead of reminding yourself. A quote I totally have to steal from the website, "Consider this: if you are on a sports team, do you wait until a day or two before the game to start practicing? Try to apply that same attitude to your academic work."

2. Review your notes each night. Even if it is Monday night and your final is not until Friday, begin studying! Get a few chapters covered each night - it's much less stress on you Thursday night!

3. Get a good night's sleep before the exam. Most students pull all nighters (I know, I have done it so many times) but that is the worst idea imaginable! "Studies indicate the lack of even one or two hours of sleep can reduce your effectiveness and responsiveness by as much as 25%. "

Also, lay off of the caffeine and over dosage of sugar. It's not good for your health in general, why would you want to let it destroy your body before the biggest test of your semester!? As an avid coffee drinker, I reduce my intake to one a day, if any. I simply do not want to let it affect my work!

Alright - it's about time for me to hit the sack, I am going to get up early and get ready, simply so I can feel more comfortable with myself and more confident with my day!

Good luck my fellow peers! #Summer is right around the bend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment